There's a microbrewery/restaurant in Ft. Wayne, IN called Mad Anthony's. The first time I went there
You could probably put anything you want in it. Our standard is just romaine, tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, some form of cheese, and some ranch dressing. The secret ingredient is Zatarain's Red Beans & Rice. It's not really a secret. I saw the giant bag of Zatarain's in the Munchie's kitchen. I've used other brands before, and it's just not the same. I'm sure you could probably make a delicious homemade version of red beans and rice if you're into that sort of thing. But Zatarain's is like $2.50 and it takes 30 minutes. (Insert your judgement here on the fact that I use organic vegetables, but a box mix full of lord knows what. It's okay. I can take it.)
|What I used - minus the clementines and gummy worms. Small kitchen.|
|What was happening while I was in the kitchen|
|Chopped and divided into bowls|
The above ingredients also made one more giant bowl that I'll take for my lunch tomorrow.
|Cheese. B's a big cheese man.|
|And a big Red Beans and Rice man.|
|And he likes a little salad with his dressing.|
To be fair, he did just spend 40 minutes as a horse with 2 riders.
Red Beans and Rice Salad
- 1 Box of Zatarain's Red Beans & Rice
- Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Green Peppers
- Red Onion (1/2 is probably enough)
- Shredded cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Cook Red Beans and Rice according to package directions.
- While that's going, chop the veggies, rinse and spin (the veggies, not you - unless you want to spin)
- Divide the veggies up
- Add some cheese
- When the Red Beans and Rice are done, scoop them on top of the salad. They're hot. The salad's cold. It's all delicious.
- Add some Ranch.