Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

...Wedded Bliss



9 YEARS.
9 Looooooong Amazing, Bliss-Filled Years
And I wouldn't change a minute of it.  

Wedding day:  November 29, 2003
9 Years Later:  October 2012
That's probably a lie.  There are a few things that I would change.  But they're pretty minor and therefore, no big deal.

Our story is a fairy tale romance like so many others.  Boy works in the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble.  Girl gets job at said bookseller and thinks boy is cute.  Boy and girl spend endless hours together brewing coffee for med students and guys who not so secretly take "erotica" books into public washroom, and then cleaning up said washroom when toilets overflow.  Not the most glamourous job.  I digress.  But this fairy tale ends happily.

After nearly four years of dating, we made it official.  After a romantic dinner at none other than the fabulous Benihana, he sat next to me on the couch and said, "Well, Babe.  What do you think?"  After informing him that he would have to actually specify what he was talking about (you see, I had taken the LSAT that day and had that amateur lawyer brain going on), he asked me to marry him.  So I said yes.  Of course.  And tried not to turn into a Bridezilla.  But I might have been.  Since I didn't even know the only 2 people who read this when we got married, no one will even comment to let me know if this is true.  So I'll say that I wasn't one.

I forgot my vows.  On our wedding day.  It was my brilliant idea for us to memorize them, so we could just look into each others' eyes and profess our love.  (22 is such an idealistic age)  When it was his turn, he spoke his vows to me in a loud, clear, sure voice.  And I loved the moment so much.  Still do.  Then it was my turn.  And I just stared at him, smiling - then laughing.  And as I would find out, he began the pattern of picking me up and carrying me through the moments I couldn't handle on my own.

It's pretty amazing.  I really thought I loved him on that day 9 years ago.  I thought that it couldn't get much better than that.  My heart was so full.  And I've never been so thrilled to be so wrong.  We've grown so much over the last 9 years, as individuals, as friends, as partners, and now as a family.

The second time I thought I couldn't love him any more - June 2008 

Well, he did it again - June 2011

I can't help but look forward to what the future holds.  


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys don't age at all. And I can only assume that the guys in the restroom story is how you met Bob, right?

    Also, nice veil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. And cute. And charming. Ahhhhhh, love. Thanks for sticking around and being my sister in law. This family would be quite lame without you.

    ReplyDelete