Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 11, 2013

...A Bonus Day

I hate Daylight Savings.  There.  I said it.  I'm never more tired or confused than on the day we spring forward.  That was yesterday.

H - springing forward
L and her pigtails loving Daylight Savings

This year, we sprang(?) forward on the heels of a girls' night with 3 of my favorites.  The tired was completely worth it.  (These photos blatantly stolen from Anne, as the ones I took with my phone and no flash were pretty crummy.)

If Amee had a blog, I would link it here.  But that's another story. 

With Ashli

We're this adorable all the time.  See?
Last night, after not eating dinner, H threw up for the first time in his life.  I'm not kidding.  Other than as a tiny baby, he's never so much as spit up.  So he made up for it by completely covering the inside of my car, my coat, and my hair.  Thanks, buddy.  Needless to say, I kept him home today.  And thus my bonus day was born.

I've accomplished more today than most days -- the 4th load of laundry is in, dinner is simmering on the stove, and I'm catching up on the dvr while the kids nap.  Around noon, H asked to eat the pasta and meatballs he didn't eat last night, and he polished it all off.  I'd say he's on the mend.  Another bonus.  Life handed me some lemons.  Lemonade?  Check.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, your phone pics didn't turn out? Maybe you should have brought your iPad or Kindle Fire to the bar :) Saturday was fun! I hope we can do it again sometime soon (who am I kidding, of course we will).

    And I've felt pretty much like the kids in their pictures all day today. Yesterday wasn't bad, but I couldn't sleep last night so I've been running on a little over 4 hours of sleep all day. Ugh!

    Sorry to hear H had a bug! That was not who I was expecting would be throwing up this weekend. Glad to hear he's feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send H to us, I will teach him how to puke like a pro. Poor guy, glad he is better. I am just glad Anne had a purse big enough to bring her tablet out. The only thing that could have made our night better was tennis shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I knew we could have stayed with our original outfits. But I don't regret putting on make-up.

      Delete